The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration issued 10 serious violations with total proposed penalties of $119,507 after three employees of a Michigan general contractor died from exposure to toxic gases in a manhole at a Florida worksite in January.
A 34-year-old pipe layer entered the manhole and quickly became unresponsive. A 49-year-old laborer and a 24-year-old equipment operator followed in a rescue attempt. All three men died in the incident, according to the statement issued Tuesday by OSHA.
Click here to read more: